Mathematics for Testing, Reliability and Information Security (MaTRIS) group was founded to facilitate the connection between discrete mathematics, computer science in general and, in particular, the interplay with information security. The group has positioned itself within SBA Research to serve as a major long-term vision of the center with regard to the successful development of real-world applications as well as necessary for the advancement of theoretical approaches and methodologies. More information about the group here: https://matris.sba-research.org/
SBA Research is a research center for Information Security funded partly by the national initiative for COMET Competence Centers for Excellent Technologies. Within a network of more than 70 companies, 15 Austrian and international universities and research institutions, and many additional international research partners we jointly work on research challenges ranging from organizational to technical security to strengthen Europe’s Cybersecurity capabilities.
We are looking for
Research project assistants
The filled positions will become part of a research team focused on software and security testing with methodologies arising from the field of combinatorial mathematics. Main tasks of the project assistant positions are
- Develop and write software employing combinatorial testing methodologies
- Maintenance of existing tools
These positions have a focus on software engineering for those that have a research interest on applied mathematics and security aspects of software and hardware systems. The project assistants will be closely mentored and monitored by senior researchers of the team.
- There is also an option the positions to be converted to junior researcher positions (PhD Student) should the interest arise, but is not mandatory to do so.
- master degree in software engineering, computer science, mathematics or related discipline (Uni, FH) or any equivalent credentials that prove seniority on the previous aspects especially in software engineering
- Interest in applying mathematics to real-world problems of information security
- proficient in at least one programming language
- Working language of the group is English
- capacity for teamwork
- interest in a multi-disciplinary thematic working area
- high motivation
- Experience with at least two programming languages and/or the capacity to learn new ones
- Proficient in Linux programming and scripting
- a world-renowned team of experienced researchers
- a network of scientific and company partners interlocking of academia and economy
- an attractive working environment and flat hierarchy
- full- or part-time employment
- salary according to FWF (Austrian Science Fund) standards (http://www.fwf.ac.at/en/research-funding/personnel-costs/)
- flexible working hours
An overview of the current research projects of the group can be found here: https://matris.sba-research.org/projects/#current .
For an application for these positions, please send your application exclusively in English to email@example.com (should include a CV and motivation letter).
For informal queries, please write to MaTRIS group leader Dimitris Simos at firstname.lastname@example.org.