The MATRIS research group was founded to facilitate the connection between discrete mathematics, computer science in general and, in particular, the interplay with information security. The group has positioned itself within SBA Research to serve as a major long-term vision of the center with regard to the successful development of real-world applications as well as necessary for the advancement of theoretical approaches and methodologies.
In its endeavor to conquer the scientific universe MATRIS is supported by its extensive research network of academic collaborators and strategic partnerships with governmental organizations and industrial partners.
Due to the growing number of research projects and activities, we are looking for a dedicated team member for our research offices which are centrally located in Vienna.
Working closely with the researchers to contribute to the best possible output and success of the team:
- Execute administrative tasks autonomously and proactively support the research group (e.g., appointment management, preparation, and follow-up of meetings, reporting and publicity channels)
- Monitor and execute efficient research management processes
- Support editorial tasks for scientific journals and reviews
- Ensure efficient information flows within the research group and to other departments within SBA Research
- Day-to-day correspondence and keeping track of international/national scientific and industrial partners (e.g., contacts, projects, homepages)
- Organize international small and medium sized events such as conferences, seminars, and meetings
- Relevant professional experience in administrative and management tasks (preferably in the research sector)
- Excellent English are required furthermore good German language skills are desired
- Expertise in MS Office, different content management systems (e.g. Sharepoint, Subversion) and the ability to quickly find your way around various task management software and online tools
- Analytical thinking as well as goal-oriented and structured way of working combined with a communicative personality
- Curiosity about research, team spirit and the serenity/calmness to handle occasional bursts of activity
- Nice-to-have: experience in event management and online communication
Offers & Benefits
- Attractive and friendly working environment with modern technology in an internationally renowned research group
- Creative freedom in the execution of tasks as well as the possibility to create/propose new workflows, processes and concepts
- Numerous benefits (e.g., flextime, home office option, internal events, trainings, participation in various conferences, endless supply of premium chocolate, playing tetris with furniture)
- Work-life balance (e.g., parental leave, part-time educational leave)
- Personnel development is supported and strongly encouraged
- Join us to become the next MATRIS member and together we’ll make one more step towards conquering the universe!
Salary starts from € 2,700.00 gross (preferably full-time, 38,5h/week) of course there is the willingness to overpay with appropriate qualifications and work performance! In the end, it's your skills and personality that matter.
P.S. Neither sufficient, nor necessary, but definitely good to have: StarTrek, Star Wars or StarCraft affinity.