Günther’s consulting activities are focused on the organizational and technical aspects of information security and include:
- Secure business processes
- Information security management systems (ISMS)
- ISO27001 gap analysis and certification advisory
- Information risk management
- IT/IS audit
- Cloud security
- Securing infrastructure services and networks
- Security awareness
- Information security trainings
Günther’s research focuses on the interconnection between business requirements and information security risks to enable secure business processes. Current research interests include supply chain and third-party cyber risk management.
Günther received his degree in Business Informatics from the University of Applied Sciences Technikum Wien and currently holds several industry certificates including the (ISC)2 CISSP. He also received a master’s degree in Information Security Management from the University of Applied Sciences of Upper Austria, Campus Hagenberg. In his master thesis he developed a supply chain specific information security risk management model.