- Phone: +43 699 150 89 237
His research focuses on reproducibility of eScience experiments. Topics of interests include, but are not limited to: workflow context modelling, verification and validation, digital preservation, and data management.
Tomasz Miksa is working as a researcher at SBA Research since October 2012. He received in 2011 his MSc in systems and computer networks from the Wroclaw University of Technology, Poland. In 2016 he received his PhD in computer science from the TU Wien for his work on verification and validation of scientific workflow re-executions. He was involved in preservation of business processes in the EU-funded FP7 project TIMBUS. Furthermore, he took part in the FP7 4C Project which aimed to clarify the costs of curation of digital assets.
- Tomasz Miksa, Andreas Rauber. Using ontologies for verification and validation of workflow-based experiments, Web Semantics: Science, Services and Agents on the World Wide Web, Available online 24 January 2017, ISSN 1570-8268. Link
- Tomasz Miksa, Andreas Rauber, Eleni Mina. Identifying Impact of Software Dependencies on Replicability of Biomedical Workflows. Journal of Biomedical Informatics 64C (2016) pp. 232-254. Link
- Andreas Rauber, Tomasz Miksa, Rudolf Mayer, and Stefan Proell. Repeatability and Re-Usability in Scientific Processes: Process Context, Data Identification and Verification. In Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Data Analytics and Management in Data Intensive Domains (DAMDID), Obninsk, Russia, October 2015.
- Tomasz Miksa, Rudolf Mayer, and Andreas Rauber. Raising resilience of web service dependent repository systems.International Journal of Web Information Systems, 11(3), 2015.
- Tomasz Miksa and Andreas Rauber. Beyond Data: Process Sharing and Reuse. ERCIM News, 100:18–19, January 2015. PDF
- Tomasz Miksa, Rudolf Mayer, and Andreas Rauber. Ensuring sustainability of web services dependent processes. International Journal of Computational Science and Engineering (IJCSE). 2015 Vol.10, No.1/2, pp.70 – 81
- Tomasz Miksa, Rudolf Mayer, Marco Unterberger, and Andreas Rauber. Resilient web services for timeless business processes. In Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Information Integration and Web-based Applications & Services (iiWAS2014), pages 243-252, Hanoi, Vietnam, December 4–6 2014. DOI: 10.1145/2684200.2684281
- Tomasz Miksa. Sustainable eScience processes and systems. Bulletin of IEEE Technical Committee on Digital Libraries, 10(1), November 2014.
- Tomasz Miksa, Ricardo Vieira, José Barateiro and Andreas Rauber, VPlan – Ontology for Collection of Process Verification Data, in Proceedings of International Conference on Digital Preservation (iPres 2014), Melbourne, Australia 2014. [Best Paper Award] PDF
- Tomasz Miksa, Rudolf Mayer, Stephan Strodl, Ricardo Vieira, Goncalo Antunes and Andreas Rauber, Risk Driven Selection of Preservation Activities for Increasing Sustainability of Open Source Systems and Workflows, in Proceedings of International Conference on Digital Preservation (iPres 2014), Melbourne, Australia 2014.
- Rudolf Mayer, Tomasz Miksa, Andreas Rauber and Goncalo Antunes, Ontologies for Describing the Context of Scientific Experiment Processes, in Proceedings of 10th IEEE International Conference on e-Science, Guarujá, SP, Brazil 2014.
- Ulla Bogvad Kejser, Joy Davidson, David Wang, Stephan Strodl, Tomasz Miksa, Kathrine Hougaard Edsen Johansen, Anders Bo Nielsen and Alex Thirifays, State of the Art of Cost and Benefit Models for Digital Curation, in Proceedings of Archiving 2014, Berlin, Germany 2014
- Tomasz Miksa, Stephan Strodl and Andreas Rauber, Process Management Plans. International Journal of Digital Curation, Vol 9, No 1 (2014),pp. 83-97. DOI:10.2218/ijdc.v9i1.303
- Tomasz Miksa and Andreas Rauber. Increasing preservability of research by process management plans, in Proceedings of the 1st International Workshop on Digital Preservation of Research Methods and Artefacts (DPRMA ’13). 2013, ACM, New York, NY, USA, 20-20. DOI:10.1145/2499583.2499591 PDF
- Tomasz Miksa, Stefan Pröll, Rudolf Mayer, Stephan Strodl, Ricardo Vieira, José Barateiro and Andreas Rauber, Framework for Verification of Preserved and Redeployed Processes, in Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Digital Preservation (iPres 2013), Lisbon, Portugal 2013. ISBN 978-972-565-493-4 PDF
- Diogo Proença, Gonçalo Antunes and Tomasz Miksa, On the Assessment of Preservability: Method and Application, in Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Digital Preservation (iPres 2013), Lisbon, Portugal 2013. ISBN 978-972-565-493-4 PDF
- Tomasz Miksa, Leszek Koszalka, and Andrzej Kasprzak. Comparison of heuristic methods applied to optimization of computer networks, in Proceedings of The Eleventh International Conference on Networks 2012 (February 2012), Curran Associates, Inc., pp. 34-38.
- Tomasz Miksa, Leszek Koszalka, Iwona Pozniak-Koszalka, and Andrzej Kasprzak. Cost optimization in wide area network design: An evaluation of created algorithms. In Ford Lumban Gaol and Quang Vinh Nguyen,editors, Proceedings of the 2011 2nd International Congress on Computer Applications and Computational Science, volume 144 of Advances in Intelligent and Soft Computing, pages 191-197. Springer, Berlin Heidelberg, 2012. ISBN 978-3-642-28313-0. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-642-28314-726