ARES 2023 Recap: Where Availability, Reliability, and Security Converged in Benevento, Italy
The 18th International Conference on Availability, Reliability, and Security (ARES 2023) took center stage in Benevento, Italy, from August 29 to September 1, 2023, offering a platform for experts and enthusiasts to explore the latest developments in the field. Co-located with ARES 2023 was the International IFIP Cross Domain Conference for Machine Learning & Knowledge Extraction (CD-MAKE).
ARES 2023 in Numbers
This year’s ARES conference was a remarkable success, featuring:
- 177 Accepted Papers: Researchers and scholars from around the world presented their exceptional work, enriching the conference with diverse insights and innovative ideas. With an acceptance rate of 20,8% within regular papers.
- CD-MAKE 2023: The co-location of CD-MAKE, the International IFIP Cross Domain Conference for Machine Learning & Knowledge Extraction, adding a deepening dimension to ARES 2023. It provided a unique opportunity for attendees to delve into the convergence of cybersecurity, machine learning, and knowledge extraction.
- 268 Participants: Attendees from 36 countries across the world, ARES 2023 achieved a truly international and diverse audience.
- 8th ARES EU Projects Symposium: This symposium offered a space for project presentations, fostering collaboration and networking among EU project stakeholders.
- 23 Workshops: With a diverse range of workshops, ARES 2023 catered to various fields and specialties. These workshops allowed attendees to dive deeper into specific topics and engage in interactive discussions.
- 16 Keynote Speakers: Leading experts in the field delivered inspiring talks and shared their perspectives on the range of availability, reliability, and security.
- 2 Social Events: Networking and socializing were a significant part of ARES 2023, with two engaging social events that allowed attendees to relax and connect with their peers.
ARES 2023 was a melting pot of research, ideas and collaboration. With a diverse set of presentations and workshops, the conference provided valuable insights into the rapidly evolving fields of availability, reliability, and security. The co-location of CD-MAKE 2023 expanded the horizons even further, exploring the intersections of machine learning and cybersecurity.
The ARES EU Projects Symposium highlighted the importance of collaborative efforts in advancing security and reliability, offering attendees an opportunity to explore EU-funded projects and their potential impact.
The 16 keynote speakers brought their unique perspectives, enriching the conference with a wide array of topics, trends, and future directions.
As the sun set on Benevento, Italy, ARES 2023 left a lasting impression on attendees, reinforcing its reputation as not only an exceptional conference in availability, reliability, and security but also setting the stage for collaborations and connections.
Stay tuned for more exciting developments and mark your calendars for the next ARES conference—July 30 to August 2, 2024 in Vienna, Austria.