Education of Future Experts
Employees of SBA Research work at universities and universities of applied sciences. They teach and mentor students, young academics, and professionals alike.
Education is a core activity of SBA Research, and complements and supports our core, research-intensive activities. We aim at providing high-quality of education in postgraduate and undergraduate studies as well as secondary education, continuing education and in trainings. SBA Research draws from the vast experience, knowledge, and expertise of our staff, the latest research developments in the broader field of cyber-security, and our highly-specialized research infrastructures.
SBA Research is strongly affiliated with the Institute of Software Technology and Interactive Systems of TU Wien. In collaboration with the Faculty of Informatics, SBA Research offers the following courses:
- Internet Security
- Advanced Internet Security (jointly with the Institute of Logic and Computation)
- Software Security
- Organizational Aspects of Security
- Digital Forensics
- Privacy Enhancing Technologies
- Security, Privacy and Explainability in Machine Learning
- Technik für Menschen 2040
- Seminar on Security
- Capture The Flag (jointly with the Institute of Logic and Computation)
- Project in Computer Science 1 (jointly with the Institute of Logic and Computation)
- Project in Computer Science 2 (jointly with the Institute of Logic and Computation)
Furthermore, SBA Research provides internships and part-time employment (4 to 10 hours per week) for undergraduate students.
SBA Research affiliates often teach advanced cybersecurity topics in higher education institutes like FH St. Pölten, FH Campus Wien, FH Oberösterreich, FH Technikum Wien, and Danube University Krems. Also, SBA Research contributes every year to the Intensive Programme on Information and Communication Security (IPICS academic summer school).