SBA Security Meetups
SBA Research is a research and consulting center for Information Security based in Vienna, and calls itself a “Home of Nerds”. We thus have started hosting Meetups spotlighting all aspects of Security in 2018. By doing so we intend to establish and foster a community of people interested in IT & Information Security and related areas.
We are more than proud that the Meetup group already has over 1100 members, continuously growing.
In the last years we had more than 20 Meetups covering topics from the ISO27001 certification to talks about OWASP or Type-Driven Domain Design. Most of them were held online but we’re happy that we already had some Meetups in a hybrid version since summer 2022.
You missed one of our Meetups? Visit our SBA Research YouTube channel for directly applicable security knowledge. All remote and hybrid Meetups have been recorded and can be found in this playlist: Security Meetup by SBA Research
Check our event site for upcoming Meetups.
Our past Meetups:
- SBA Security Meetup: Security is Everybody’s Job– November 24, 2022
- SBA Security Meetup: “Old Problems in New Technologies” – October 27, 2022
- SBA Security Meetup: “Die Grenzen der Digitalisierung – Der (vergessene) Wert von analogen Mechanismen und Fallbacks” (in German) – June 28, 2022
- SBA Security Meetup: “Attack surface of Kubernetes environments”– April 05, 2022
- SBA Security Meetup: “Type-Driven Domain Design – Security in the Fabric of Your Code” – January 26, 2022
- SBA Security Meetup – Safety and Security – Same, contradictory or just different? (Remote) – September 29, 2021
- SBA Security Meetup: Designing an end-to-end encryption protocol using Matrix’s Olm/Megolm (Remote)– June 30, 2021
- SBA Security Meetup – The Security Testing Pyramid for Developers (Remote) – May 27, 2021
- (Remote) SBA Security Meetup – Risikowahrnehmung und menschliche (Ir)Rationalität – April 20, 2021
- (Remote) SBA Security Meetup – Deploying and Managing Azure Sentinel as Code – March 02, 2021
- (Remote) SBA Security Meetup – Security Requirements Management 101 – February 11, 2021
- (Remote) SBA Security Meetup – Building a Secure Architecture – A Deep-Dive into Security Design Principles – January 21, 2021
- (Remote) SBA Security Meetup – OWASP Threat Modeling Playbook – December 16, 2020
- SBA Security Meetup: I want to break free – The attacker inside a Container – November 26, 2020
- (Remote) SBA Security Meetup: Vendors vs. The Truth – Scan Tools And The OWASP Top 10 – September 16, 2020
- (Remote) SBA Security Meetup – “Wicked Problems – Have We Lost Control over IT Systems?” Talk & Discussion – July 09, 2020
- Remote) SBA Security Meetup: Rund um die Zertifizierung – Nähkästchentalk by Thomas Kopeinig – June 25, 2020
- (Remote) SBA Security Meetup: Secure development on Kubernetes by Andreas Falk – June 10, 2020
- (Remote) SBA Security Meetup: Common Security Mistakes in Spring Web Applications – March 25, 2020
- SBA Security Meetup: Supply Chain Security – January 15, 2020
- SBA Security Meetup: WebAuthn – The End of the Password As We Know It? – November 20, 2019
- SBA Security Meetup: Secure Credential Management with Vault in Kubernetes – September 04, 2019
- SBA Security Meetup: 7 Application Security Design Patterns You Should Know – August 01, 2019
- SBA Security Meetup: Cyberangriffe – Haftung von Unternehmen und deren Repräsentanten – June 05, 2019
Women in Privacy & Security Vienna Meetup
You think that’s it? No! In 2022 we founded another Meetup Group for all female students and young academics interested in privacy or/and security! Everyone is welcome who sees themselves as female or non-binary.
This meetup group is founded by female experts from SBA Research, TU Wien and University of Vienna (Members of VISP Vienna Security Privacy Research Cluster Vienna) and wants to
- encourage interdisciplinary (technical) exchange linked to privacy & security
- offer a safe space
- help female students and academics of technical studies
- support for career planning in academia and business
- grow a community and nurture a network
We offer on-site events on a regular basis. Check our event site for upcoming dates.
You want more free content?
As a research center for information security, it is part of our DNA to strengthen the security community through publicly available knowledge and free content. Join the next securepizza.club, visit our SBA research or sec4dev conference Youtube channels or check out the Zukunft Denken Podcast:
- securepizza.club @ SBA Research
- SBA YouTube Channel
- sec4dev YouTube Channel
- SBA Live Academy (March-May 2020)
- Zukunft Denken – Podcast
About SBA Research
Within a network of more than 70 companies, 15 Austrian and international universities and research institutions, and many additional international research partners we jointly work on research challenges ranging from organizational to technical security to strengthen Europe’s Cybersecurity capabilities. About SBA Research
Check out our SBA Academy site to see our wide range of ways to transfer knowledge, ranging from freely available talks to specialized on-site trainings