Mathias Gusenbauer successfully defended his master thesis on “Bitstream – A Bottom-Up/Top-Down Approach to Data Loading for Interactive Bitcoin Visualizations” on June 4, 2018.
Kristoffer successfully defended his master’s thesis “Efficient Algorithms and Tools for Practical Combinatorial Testing” advised by Dimitris E. Simos, at the Faculty of Informatics of TU Vienna.
Kristoffer gave an excellent presentation and graduated with distinction.
Today, Matthias Eckhart speaks about “Towards Security-Aware Virtual Environments for Digital Twins” at the “4th ACM Workshop on Cyber-Physical System Security”, taking place at the Songdo Central Park Hotel in Incheon, South Korea.
Computers & Security (Elsevier) Special issue on Security and Privacy in Smart Cyber-Physical Systems
Computers & Security welcomes submissions to the special issue on Security and Privacy in Smart Cyber-physical Systems.
- Submission deadline: 30 November 2018
- Authors’ notification: 31 January 2019
- Revisions due: 30 April 2019
- Final decision: 30 June 2019
- Camera ready version due: 30 September 2019
- Tentative publication date: Late 2019
- Lotfi ben Othmane, Iowa State University, USA
- Doug Jacobson Iowa State University, USA
- Edgar Weippl, SBA Research, Austria
Our book Blocks and Chains: Introduction to Bitcoin, Cryptocurrencies, and Their Consensus Mechanisms (Aljosha Judmayer, Nicholas Stifter, Katharina Krombholz, Edgar Weippl) has been translated into Korean.
Edgar Weippl offers three talks with ACM’s Distinguished Speaker program.
- Blockchains & Distributed Ledger Technology
- Secure Development Lifecycle of Production Environments
- Improvement of Security of Information Processing in the Industrial Production System Lifecycle
Thomas Konrad held a workshop on “real security starts where frameworks end” at the WeAreDevelopers World Congress 2018 in Vienna.
Presentation slides can be found here
Power plants and many other industrial plants are an integral part of a country’s critical infrastructure. As systems become more automated and networked and complicated software systems control entire systems, IT security is playing an increasingly important role. Previous attacks have mostly exploited existing vulnerabilities, future attackers will strive to intervene in the development process to build in vulnerabilities themselves.
Futurezone.at reports on cybersecurity & trust in a digital society.