Katharina’s research focuses on usable security, more specific on
- understanding and changing user behavior,
- making cryptographic tools more user-friendly,
- privacy and security in the Internet of Things.
Before that, she was senior researcher at SBA Research. She completed her PhD in November 2016 with distinction. She also received a master’s degree in Media Informatics from TU Wien in 2012.
- Conferences: CCS 2018, ACSAC 2018, SOUPS 2017, SOUPS 2018, WWW 2015
- Workshops: USEC 2018, EuroUSEC 2018, ConPro 2018, WSDF (2014-2017)
- External Reviewer for CCS 2016, CHI 2016, CHI 2017, CHI 2018