Mathias’ consulting activities are focusing on web application penetration testing, threat modeling and teaching activities, mainly in the areas of Cloud- and Linux-Security. He is a regular speaker at security- and Open Source focused conferences (e.g. sec4dev, Linuxwochen, RIOT-OS Summit, CCC Easterhegg, Heise DevSec).
Mathias’ research interests are centering around applied cryptography and securing Linux systems.
Mathias received a master’s degree (DI/MSc) in Technical Mathematics from the TU Wien. His professional experience includes a tenure as a Security Officer for a Certification Authority and lecturing IT-Security at the University of Applied Sciences Campus Wien as well as software development and system administration. This allows him to get a holistic view on many IT security related problems.
- GIAC Web Application Penetration Tester (GWAPT)
- GIAC Cloud Penetration Tester (GCPN)
- ISTQB Software Tester (Foundation Level)
- Oracle Certified Associate, Java SE 8 Programmer
- Diversitätskompetenz in der Hochschullehre