Driving Innovation in Crisis Management for European Resilience
DRIVER+ is an ambitious pan-European project tasked with supporting the capability development of Crisis Management organisations, promoting and testing new, science-based improvements in Crisis Management.
Launched in May 2014, DRIVER+ is a project funded under the 7th Framework Programme of the European Commission, whose main aim is to cope with current and future challenges due to increasingly severe consequences of natural disasters and terrorist threats, by the development and uptake of innovative solutions that are addressing the operational needs of practitioners dealing with Crisis Management.
Three main objectives can be distinguished:
- developing a pan-European Test-bed,
- developing a Portfolio of Solutions and
- foster a shared understanding in Crisis Management.
Within the third objective, SBA Research participated within the CEN Workshop on the semantic and syntactical interoperability for crisis management in which a CEN Workshop Agreement was created. SBA was responsible for defining a set of security standards that should be considered in conjunction with safe, reliable and fast crisis management communication.
- The project is led by Atos SE.
- Website, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube
- CEN Workshop on the semantic and syntactical interoperability for crisis and disaster management
- CEN European Committee for Standardization
This project has received funding from the European Union’s 7th Framework Programme for Research, Technological Development and Demonstration under Grant Agreement (GA) N° #607798.